Search This Blog

Monday 7 November 2011

Evaluation of cover page and contents page

The cover page:
In my opinion, the quality of my magazine cover is average for a cover; it has everything a main cover needs e.g. a picture that covers the front page, text that tells you what will be in the magazine and a masthead with the name of the magazine. The pixilation of the image on the cover is great because it is still in focus and it isn’t blurry even though I made the image bigger. I took the picture against a white wall in a well light building, it just looks like a normal picture, I do the picture like this as its for a college magazine and everything in college for a person is a normal day, also I added a light that comes up from the bottom as a effect so the faces are in normal contrast but the clothes are white. I didn’t ask the people in the cover image to wear anything special as I only had an hour to get the picture I needed, so the people in my cover image as in their normal everyday clothes, this is also a good effect because in college, nobody wears special clothes in everyday life. The hair that is on the image is just the peoples normal hair, keeping things simple for the picture and keeping the style of everything being a normal day for the people. The facial expression and the direction of gaze, the facial expression, I told them to just have fun and be there self, that is why on the picture, the people are all together, also it goes with the banner that goes through the picture ‘here at Priestley, we are all family’ giving the sense of family in the cover image. The masthead, the title I have chosen is ‘The Priestley way’ the reason I have chosen this is because the college is called Priestley and inside the magazine would be what happens around the college, the colour of the title is just plain black, keeping things simple and basic, easy to read and see in a shop. The cover lines of the cover are smaller than the masthead, and just a bit bigger than the normal text, they are also in black, as that is the colour text I would use throughout the magazine, the position of the cover lines are a box at the bottom of the magazine and within a banner across the picture.

The contents page:
The general design of my contents page is that it is set in 3 columns and the text will go down in the columns like a professional magazine, this is so the magazine is neat and not all over the place, it matches the cover page in the way that the font is the same and it has the same background colour. the photographs I have chosen are in great quality because they are'nt showing any signs of blur, the reason I picked them is because the people go the college and are proud to show they go here. All the fonts I have used are the same all the way through the magazine because it keeps things simple and it doesnt look messy, i have chosen a maz of 3 colours for the text so it doesnt look to childish. I have not used any graphic effects on the pictures as I wanted to keep things natural like the people in college are.

No comments:

Post a Comment